Monday, July 25, 2005

One of my favourite things...

...is when, upon arriving at an airport terminal in a foreign country, I get a text on my mobile that says "Welcome to (insert name of foreign country here)"

In just for more sleeps my phone will be saying "Välkomnande till Sverige (Welcome to Sweden)!", and I will say to everyone I meet "Jag heter Joanna (my name is Joanna)! Jag ar Kanadeniska (I am Canadian)! Var ar kraftskiva (where is the crayfish party)"? As you can see Patrik taught me the essentials. Actually, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if that's how you ask if that's where the crayfish party is. I've combined asking where the toilets are and the words for crayfish party to hopefully make sense. As long as I don't get confused and get crayfish in a toilet. Oh, and I had to look up "Welcome to Sweden" online. I've never had to welome anyone to Sweden in Swedish before and therefore it hasn't made it into my vocab yet!

I'm so excited! Svenka (and all my svenkar friends there), here I come (well, in four days...)


Oh, I wonder if I'll see an IKEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment